Saturday in Singapore: “The car is definately quicker than that”
Missing out on the pole position shoot-out is not befitting a driver of Kimi’s stature, but the Iceman is confident there is more to come from the E20 in tomorrow’s race…
Q: Kimi; it seems to have been a frustrating weekend so far…
KR: Not the best to be honest but even so we were a bit surprised with what happened in qualifying. For sure P12 is not the position we were aiming for; we may not have the speed to challenge the leaders here but the car is definitely quicker than that.
Q: You seemed to be right on the pace early in the session; what happened towards the end?
KR: We were quick with the used tyres but for some reason struggled for grip with the new ones in the second session. It’s a bit strange as we were actually slightly slower with fresh rubber. We’ll have to have a look at the data tonight to see what went wrong.
Q: What positives can you take into tomorrow’s race?
KR: The car was much better overall today than it was yesterday and I can push it a lot harder than before. It’s still not perfect, but much closer to how we want it. We have the choice of what tyres to start with too, so if we can make up a few places on the first lap and pick a good strategy we’ll see how far we can move up in the race…
Like it, share it with other Kimi fans!
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)