Advertisements

F1 Racing: champions issue + Kimi scan

To my delight, Kimi appeared through my letter box today in the October issue of F1 Racing’s magazine, dedicated to the sport’s champions. As well as a page on each driver talking about their experience of realising their childhood dream, the magazine includes a 3-page length poster of nine world champions; Vettel, Button, Hamilton, Raikkonen, Alonso, Michael Schumacher, Hakkinen, Villeneuve and Damon Hill. Here’s Kimi’s page, enjoy!

Text:

Kimi Raikkonen: “Winning the world championship was something I’d wanted since I was a child, and I remember that the last race in Brazil in 2007 was a really emotional one.

I don’t think I’ve ever experienced such emotions in the cockpit before. I had to wait a few seconds to be told where everyone else was in the race and then I could celebrate.

Winning felt good: I’d got close a couple of times before, but it hadn’t happened for one reason or another and when I finally did it in 2007, it felt great. It stopped other people – and me – questioning whether I could ever be world champion, but it didn’t really change my personal life. Maybe people looked at me differently, but I didn’t change.

In 2007 we were not always in the strongest position and there were occasions when we had some reliability problems and lost quite a lot of points. At one stage of the season, people were saying that we weren’t even in the championship anymore; it felt good when we eventually showed them that they were wrong.”

Advertisements

17 responses

1. Trixie

Thanks heaps for sharing this special Oct issue. It’ll be at least 1 1/2 weeks before we see it down here! Can’t wait for my copy to arrive.

September 18, 2012 at 12:55 pm

• Same here… I hate this waiting,but then its worth it!! 😀

September 18, 2012 at 3:09 pm

2. erix

Hey..who’s that girl?

September 18, 2012 at 2:05 pm

• Me. I run this place! lol

September 18, 2012 at 2:33 pm

• erix

You are cute!

September 19, 2012 at 4:33 pm

3. MarkedOne

Thanks!

September 18, 2012 at 3:48 pm

4. any idea what shoes kimi is wearing in the photograph of him sitting?

September 18, 2012 at 6:02 pm

5. Alex

Just in time to celebrate Kimi’s birthday and mine too..!!!!

September 18, 2012 at 6:52 pm

6. KimCro

Wow… I didn’t see Kimi. I only saw that girl… 🙂 Nice eyes and teeth… 🙂

You are a true fan of Raikkonen.

September 18, 2012 at 8:40 pm

7. Some people spread smile wherever they are and u r one among them Saima…

U made me smile .Thanks for sharing..

September 19, 2012 at 12:56 am

8. Reblogged this on senscribbles.

September 19, 2012 at 1:30 am

9. Leonardo

Kimi appeared in your letter box? That’s a small place for him to be. He should have just walked through your front door 🙂

September 19, 2012 at 7:30 am

10. Loooool thanks guys!

Leonardo, I wish! lol

September 19, 2012 at 12:01 pm

• Leonardo

You are without a doubt Kimi’s biggest fan! Has he ever met you? If not, he should. Perhaps he knows of this site – and of you 🙂

September 20, 2012 at 8:31 am

11. I don’t think so! There’s plenty of Kimi nutters out there 😉

I saw him at the official Ferrari Store opening here in London back in 2009. But I kept myself reserved and just observed him. My sister thought I was crazy to miss this chance and chased Kimi around for me lol, so she got him to sign my calendar and also passed him a dvd with some of my video tributes on there as well as a message from me. He put the disc in his pocket straight away 🙂 Read about it here:

September 20, 2012 at 10:47 am

• Leonardo

I also met the Iceman, but purely by chance. I was waiting in the queue at the airport for a transfer and a guy in shorts in front of me looked alarmingly like Kimi. I thought I was dreaming! I tapped him on the shoulder, and I got the shock of my life when he turned around! While we stood there at the boarding gates we spoke for about a minute; he laughed, saying that he didn’t think anyone would recognize him in South Africa LOL. He told me he had been to a game reserve. His wife was not with him I noticed; he was with two other guys. But he smiled the whole time and was very friendly. His eyes are as blue as the sky! He said goodbye and went on to catch a different flight to mine.

September 20, 2012 at 11:47 am

• OMG what a great experience! You’re very lucky Leonardo 🙂 I wouldn’t have dared to touch him, you got balls! lol!

September 20, 2012 at 12:25 pm