F1 Drivers 2014 Salaries
| Source: grandprix247.com |
Fernando Alonso and Lewis Hamilton are the two highest paid drivers in Formula 1 this year according to a report by The Richest.
Alonso, starting his fifth year as a Ferrari driver, and Hamilton, in his second year with Mercedes, are reportedly each earning €20 million, with McLaren’s Jenson Button and quadruple wortld champion Sebastian Vettel banking €16 million from Red Bull.
Interestingly Kimi Raikkonen, who returns to Ferrari, is driving for €10 million this year half what his teammate Alonso is pocketing. The Finn was the last driver to win the world title for Ferrari when he did so back in 2007 during his first stint with the Maranello outfit. He reportedly received a similar amount back in 2009 to make for Alonso in the team.
Red Bull new boy Daniel Ricciardo will bank €2.5 million in his debut season with the world champion team.
Sergio Perez will be earning €2 million as a Force India driver, while his teammate Nico Hulkenberg does not feature in the top ten list.
Banking €1.5 million in 2014 will be Lotus driver Romain Grosjean, while his teammate Pastor Maldonado is thought to have sponsorship at his disposal amounting to €35 million from Venezuelan government oil company PDVSA. How much of that is payment to Lotus is unknown. (GP247)
Top 10 Formula 1 earners of 2014:
1. Fernando Alonso – Ferrari – €20 million ($27.14 million)
& Lewis Hamilton – Mercedes – €20 million ($27.14 million)
3. Jenson Button – McLaren – €16 million ($21.71 million)
& Sebastian Vettel – Red Bull – €16 million ($21.71 million)
5. Nico Rosberg – Mercedes – €11 million ($14.93 million)
6. Kimi Raikkonen – Ferrari – €10 million ($13.57 million)
7. Felipe Massa – Williams – €4 million ($5.43 million)
8. Daniel Ricciardo – Red Bull – €2.5 million ($3.3 million)
9. Sergio Perez – Force India – €2 million ($2.71 million)
10. Romain Grosjean – Lotus – €1.5 million ($2.04 million)