The first thing for Kimi when he arrived in Singapore today was to head straight into his usual Tag Heuer ambassador work, where he also launched a new pair of limited edition sunglasses:
http://www.viddler.com/simple/933860de/
In Other News:
Ferrari still pondering driver choice – Ferrari president Luca di Montezemolo says the team has yet to
decide whether to retain Kimi Raikkonen for next season or replace him
with Fernando Alonso.
But he reiterated that there were no doubts about Felipe Massa
returning to the line-up as soon as he had recovered from the head
injuries sustained in Hungarian Grand Prix qualifying.
Alonso has long been linked with a switch to Ferrari, with di
Montezemolo openly admitting at Monza that the team was interested in
hiring the double world champion at some point in the future.
Although Raikkonen’s current contract runs through 2010, Ferrari has
so far declined to confirm whether he will still be in the car next
season, amid suggestions that he could return to McLaren or join Brawn
to make way for Alonso, whose future at Renault has come under fresh
doubt amid the recent Singapore crash scandal.
Di Montezemolo told reporters at an event in Florence today that
Ferrari was considering a straight choice between Alonso and Raikkonen
as Massa’s 2010 team-mate.
"A Spanish or a Finnish driver? We’ll take some decisions within a few weeks," he was quoted as saying by La Stampa.
"What’s certain is that we’ll have a Brazilian driver who deserves
another chance, because thank God he is fine now. As for the rest, we
are pondering over the best choice."
Noise row temporarily closes Spa
Spa’s Operating License Revoked
Belgium has joined Canada and Germany in the uncertainty about their spots on the 2010 Formula One calendar.
Canada is yet to agree a contract with Formula One Management, and the
Hockenheim circuit in Germany is still negotiating after saying it was
no longer willing to absorb annual million-euro losses.
Belgium also has a spot on next year’s race schedule, but it
emerged on Wednesday that the famous and popular Spa-Francorchamps
circuit has had its operating license revoked by a local administrative
court.
The license has been rescinded until 2026, upon request by a board
of local residents complaining about noise, according to the Belgian
newspaper Le Soir.
It is believed that the Spa operators were ordered to submit an
environmental impact study, which has been denounced by the court as
"seriously inadequate and incomplete."
"The whole viability of the circuit may be questioned," circuit
director Pierre-Alain Thibaut, who vowed to contest the decision, said.
Meanwhile, a meeting in Bernie Ecclestone’s London office on
Tuesday seems to have moved Canada closer to returning to the Formula
One calendar next year although some matters remain to be settled.
The Montreal race has been allocated a provisional date on the 2010
schedule, but F1 chief executive Ecclestone said after the meeting that
all the documents still have not been "signed properly."
"The issues that we had were minor, but I think we’ve managed get around them," he is quoted as saying by CBC.ca.
The Briton met with Michael Fortier, representing the Canadian
levels of government central to the return of the event to be held at
Circuit Gilles Villeneuve.
"Negotiations continue," Fortier said. The former Canadian Minister
of International Trade indicated however that the details to be ironed
out do not involve monetary issues.

woah! Calm down Kiki dude…no need for such aggression! While most fans will be annoyed with Ferrari, let’s try and keep cool yeah?
LikeLike
F*** u Montezemolo and ur baby & ur Ferrari and that spanish cheater of urs………Next year Iceman will teach u a lesson u’ll never forget that’s a promise coming from a faithful raikko!!!!!!!!The best choice u dumbass is driving 4 u… he’s the one who without u would trailing and not 3rd in the championship so open ur eyes and wake up…and plzzzzzzzzzz forget just 4 a second bout Santander’s money and think wat’s really gud 4 Ferrari not who pays for it.Maybe afterall Kimi should leave and go where his talent will be recognised instead of staying with the red money making machine.
LikeLike
ummm..montezemolo hope U think twice before U decide to let go kimi 1 of the best drive in F1 . i think fernando is a curse around him look what happen to mclaren spy scandal and they lose the champ. thin in renault another scandal fwhat happen next ??if he join the ferrari.lol..will i think its better to see kimi in another team that appreciate hes talent.. than stay in the red team that docent recognize he effort for the team… good luck kimi in singapore race show to the boss that Ur worthy of staying in the red team.. keep flying iceman
LikeLike
I’ve read a couple of websites and they all have a different take on what Montezemolo said. Some, like the one above, refer to Kimi being removed, but some interpret what he said as he hasn’t decided since they are not sure if Massa will race.I agree with you, lowie, that Alonso brings trouble wherever he goes, and he went against Ferrari during spygate, and now he wants to join them.Maybe it was a blessing in disguise that Kimi moved from McLaren when he did because he was not there when they were charged with cheating. So, he’s never been charged with cheating or anything else. Well, that’s what you’re honest! Right, Kimi?You know what, if Ferrari don’t realize what a jewel they have in Kimi and take him out, it will be their own downfall…and me saying that being a Ferrari fan…They will be biting their nails with regret when they get in to trouble with Alonso, when Alonso starts complaining, and when Kimi beats them from another team! He’ll be winning for another team instead of him winning for them!!!And you know who will win in all this…Kimi! He will get paid his 2010 salary by Ferrari… will move to another great team (whatever that may be)…will get paid by the next team he joins in 2010…he may be given an even better car…and may become WDC again…against Ferrari!So, if Kimi is not worried, then let’s not get worried. I honestly think he already knows what will happen and, being the gentleman that he is, is not saying anything out of respect for everyone involved.But, in the end, like I said before, I just hope he will end up where he will be the happiest…
LikeLike
Hi Saima and all! Nice sad kracer, i have nothing to add. HAVE A NICE DAY!
LikeLike