Advertisements

Video Tribute: The Legacy of KR – Part 1

https://i2.wp.com/img27.imageshack.us/img27/5543/evenstarsays.png Hello to all Kimi fans, it’s been a long time since we’ve had a video! I hope you have been well and enjoying the new challenge of the WRC with Kimi. This weekend the 2010 F1 championship has begun and as I’m writing this, Ferrari have just taken victory at the Bahrain Grand Prix. I guess I don’t have to say anything more as most of you probably know what I’m feeling. F1 surely doesn’t feel the same anymore without seeing the letters "RAI" in the classifications.

Moving on, here is the first video of a series which I call The Legacy of Kimi Raikkonen. Basically, this video series looks at Kimi’s F1 career spanning up to nine years and the way he became the fastest driver on raw talent and mysterious character known as the Iceman. Whether he will come back and continue F1, it is unknown, but Kimi said he will decide what he will do in the future some time during this summer. For now, he is continuing his legacy into the WRC realm. But I thought now is also the right time to review his F1 history. The first part consists of his early days and debut F1 season at Sauber in 2001.

Part 2 will be released in due course (give me at least a month!) so until then… keep flying!
Love,
Evenstar

Size: 88MB | Duration: 11.04mins | Download via Mediafire or Megaupload

(All
video
and audio used in this presentation do not belong to me and are
copyrighted to their respective owners. This presentation is intended
for viewing pleasure only.)

Advertisements

33 responses

1. Sol123

Just brilliant! *bows* He has grown so much! Of course he has, he was twenty when he started and now he´s thirty, lol, but I meant you can see slight changes in his face, his attitude.It´s perfect sweetie, really, can´t wait for part two.Keep flying!

March 14, 2010 at 2:39 pm

2. Ahmad

Yea! History lessons.

March 14, 2010 at 2:58 pm

3. ena

Great video! Thanks Saima.

March 14, 2010 at 3:09 pm

4. vid

Great video! Thanks Saima!Thanks Kimi!

March 14, 2010 at 3:37 pm

5. Rahim

Hats off Saima….i dont know what to say after Alonso has won the first race……Kimi 😦

March 14, 2010 at 3:51 pm

6. Chiara

Thanks!!Fantastic video!Never give up Kimi!We’ll be always with you!

March 14, 2010 at 5:03 pm

7. Amol

Thanks Saima for a very good video. :)@Rahim: Nothing spectacular that Alonso has done really. Ferrari has very good mechanics and amazingly improved car this year.Btw, u still watch F1? :O

March 14, 2010 at 5:17 pm

8. Tatiana

Great video Saima!! I love it!!!! Kimi pleaasseeee come back next year!!!I miss you so much!!!!!! Keep Flying Iceman!!!

March 14, 2010 at 6:52 pm

9. pernilla

let’s keep speak about fernando, ferrari, let’s speak…but, do you rember that same things were said about first Kimi race and first ferrari’s victory in australia??bleah!!!!!KIMI only KIMI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

March 14, 2010 at 8:44 pm

10. Stelios

superrrrrrr kimi isthe bestttttttttttttttt miss himmmmmmmm so muchhhhhhhhhhhhhh

March 14, 2010 at 9:14 pm

11. Kiki

WOW Fantastic!!! well done Saima, i really missed your video highlights.This vid put a smile on my face, which i desperately needed today after bloody Alonso and Ferrari ruined my afternoon.Can’t wait for part 2 :DKeep Flying Kimi!!!!

March 14, 2010 at 10:24 pm

12. Matt

What a brilliant video. You are just excellent at them!It just reminds us, that although we aren’t feeling the best at the moment, there were many good moments.Looking forward to the 2nd part!Thanks Saima!Keep Flying KimiKeep Flying SaimaKeep Flying Fans

March 14, 2010 at 10:31 pm

13. Željka

It is amazing..great work as always! 🙂

March 15, 2010 at 12:49 am

14. syafiqa

nice one saima!! good job..miss kimi badly!!i know as his fans we should support on wutever he choose..but sorry i really hope he return to f1 race track next year.i still watch f1 although kimi’s not there..cause f1 are also being my favourite.but watching the race yesterday make me feel weird!i missing sumone..n thats the iceman!!please3 kimi..really hope kimi noticed this site and know how his fans miss him ;(

March 15, 2010 at 7:21 am

15. Rahim

@Amol J: Yea, i am watching F1……I am Supporting Kimi’s Best friend Vettel…..Yea not at all spectacular from Alonso…..Vettel had it in the bag…..i guess Vettel is facing the same problem Kimi had in Mclaren…..Unreliability and Alonso taking advantage of that….. It would have been fun watching Kimi vs Vettel instead of alonso…. 🙂

March 15, 2010 at 9:29 am

16. Imola

Saima your videos are the best, we know it :DI was watching the race too, and as all of you said I missed Kimi too… But we have to accept his decision and as long as he is happy, and having fun then I’m happy too. Kimi was, is and will be the best in my eyes…nothing can change that. Alonso and Ferrari can win everything together…but it doesn’t mean anything, because we know that our Iceman is no one else but KIMI, the best. :D:DKeep flying Kimi and all his fans!Keep flying Saima!

March 15, 2010 at 9:52 am

17. Erzsébet

It was really a long time ago you made a Kimi-video, Saima – but it was worth waiting so long – your work is fantastic! The whole concept, with so many pics i didn’t know before (perhaps not only me), and so many smiling faces of Kimi! – oh my god, you can hardly believe it started nine years ago… Thank you much for part 1 and please, find time soon to show us the second one! with best regards and wishes – Elisa P.S. Kimi, come back…. your place IS IN F1…

March 15, 2010 at 10:27 am

18. Rahim

The end is really cute…..the way he speaks is unforgettable … 🙂

March 15, 2010 at 11:20 am

19. Kinga

Fantastic video, as always, dear Saima. 🙂 Seeing Kimi and his angelic, innocent face… omg, I’m speechless and the memories in my head were just coming. Can’t forget F1-Kimi, he belongs to F1. Can’t wait for the next part. Saima, could you please tell me the names of the tracks you used in the video? Thanks, Kinga *hugs* (and hi, Elisa *waves*)

March 15, 2010 at 11:53 am

20. KRS Evenstar

Thank you all :)@Kinga: Tracks used are – "Invisible Touch" by Bobina, "Roots" by Airbase (Andy Blueman remix), and "Airwave" by Rank 1 (Aaron Static version). Hehehe, years ago I used the original Airwave track for Kimi’s first F1 win video so I thought it was nice to use the classical version in Part 1.

March 15, 2010 at 12:15 pm

21. Kinga

Oh, thanks, great tracks. 🙂 And yeah, I remember that Rank 1 song. It has a special place in my heart, the 2008 Malaysian highlight video was the first one I saw of your works. Whenever I hear it, reminds me of Kimi just like the Out of the blue song.

March 15, 2010 at 12:35 pm

22. Trixie

Watched the opening race of the season last night, which turned out to be rather boring, and I kept falling asleep. This has never ever happened to me before in over a decade since I’ve been following F1 closely. It just isn’t the same without Kimi…. The results wasn’t what I wanted to happen either and I keep thinking back about Kimi’s season last year being sacrificed by Ferrari to the advantage of this year’s drivers. Hhuummmhh!So, thanks Saima for putting this video together which brings back such poignant memories for me, when along came the driver I’ve been waiting a long time for to support, after Mansell retired and Kimi burst into the scene. Keep up the good job and fingers crossed Kimi gets better results in Jordan. Go Kimi Go !!!!

March 15, 2010 at 1:04 pm

23. katlvsf1

Kimi has always been a force to compete with from his early F1 days. PLEASE DO NOT FORGET THIS.That is why we follow him in any sport he is in. ONCE A KIMI FAN , ALWAYS A KIMI FAN.If you have ever had the chance to ride a Harley Davidson, and If I have to explain Harley Davidson, you will never understand. Live to ride, Ride to live. This also goes for Kimi. Keep Flying forever my FAVORITE FINN. Holding up your dreams forever. 🙂

March 15, 2010 at 2:13 pm

24. Soren

Epic Saima. What else is there to say. Just epic. It is your best and most emotional work yet. Such a beautiful testament and tribute to a legendary F1 career. I especially love all the old and rare footage. Thank you so much.

March 15, 2010 at 2:52 pm

25. YUSS

F1 with Kimi brought lots of joy, smile & emotional moment to me since 2005 but when I looked back what happened in the last 2 seasons. There are so many painful moment for Kimi & fans which I want to forget but yet it keep flashing in my mind whenever I think of F1 . I blame Ferrari & the media for it, they are the culprit to make both 2008 & 2009 seasons looks so awful to me. I’m glad that Kimi is still Kimi, luckily he is smart & strong enough to gone through these difficulties. I really amazed with his unique character which hardly bother how others look at him. He should deserves much better result than what he had achieved in F1. Well Well it is over, like what he always said ‘we can’t change what had happened, just look forward’ and wait & see what happen!’. I’m still learning this 🙂 Wish him the happiness & enjoyable life forever.

March 15, 2010 at 4:26 pm

26. ~...» »(°özgє°)« «...~

Darling Saima,thank you so much for this wonderful video, It’s really very sad to see how Kimi’s career started and how it has ended now. I would have wished him a better farewell from F1. It was the marvelous feeling to see how Kimi has grown up in your video. I’m sure the second part of the video will be sensational. I’m really looking forward to it. And your music choice is great.Well done Darling & A big Thank you!!!!

March 15, 2010 at 7:14 pm

27. pernilla

so precious Saima, deeply emotional!!!!! thankyou so much for this magic video!!!!! Kimi, the feeling inside, keep flying heroe!!!!!!!!!! we miss you!!!!!!!!

March 16, 2010 at 1:11 am

28. Suzette

I am amazed at the time and effort you put into creating this fantastic video, Saima! Well done! It is a keepsake. I’ve been thinking a lot since the weekend. How is it possible that such an unassuming guy could make such a difference to my enjoyment of the sport? It is just not the same anymore. Someone used the word "boring" and I agree. It was a boring F1 weekend. What is it about Kimi that is so special? How come his fans all over the world feel exactly the same? He must be very special for Saima to make this wonderful video tribute, for us fans to pour out our feelings in such a manner! Kimi, we really miss you! I just hope that you are happy and that you will find your special place in WRC.

March 16, 2010 at 5:41 am

29. _TaniaS

A perfect portrait of Kimi. So touching and emotional. Really well done, Evenstar! 🙂

March 16, 2010 at 10:42 am

30. KRS Evenstar

Thank you!and you’re welcome Suzette! I make these videos so we can remember :)I chose the fast music because it’s a fast and energetic career, he came into F1 so quickly despite little racing experience. But these particular tracks also have melancholic melodies which I think suits the young Kimi perfectly.

March 16, 2010 at 1:22 pm

31. Me.Lo.

I came back here to give a comment of your wonderful videos Evenstar….They’re wonderful! I downloaded the two and watched it over and over again and trying to hold back tears…awww….those were wonderful days…good job Even! Just asking though, what’s the music you used?? Love it! 😀

May 6, 2010 at 11:50 pm

32. KRS Evenstar

Thank you :)Music Tracks used are – "Invisible Touch" by Bobina, "Roots" by Airbase (Andy Blueman remix), and "Airwave" (Aaron Static remix).

May 10, 2010 at 5:00 pm